Drone photography cinematography
“ Bikram Neupane ”
Professional drone photography is not cheap.
Professional drone photography is not cheap. In general, 1-10 still drone pictures are charged from Rs3000 to 5000. Short real estate drone videos, nearly 1-5 minutes, cost around Rs 3,000 up to Rs 5,000.
General Rules for Flying a Drone in Nepal
Based on our research and interpretation of the laws, here are the most important rules to know for flying a drone in Nepal.
- For drones weighing more than 2 kilograms (4.5 pounds) that fly 400 feet or more above ground level, prior authorization from the Department of Tourism, Ministry of Home Affairs, and the CAAN is required before operating a drone in Nepal. The application for authorization can be found here.
- Drones weighing less than 2 kilograms (4.5 pounds) do not require authorization from the CAAN, so long as if they are flown on private property and under 200 feet.
- Do not fly drones in a reckless manner.
- Do not fly drones higher than 120 meters (394 feet).
- Do not fly drones further than 500 meters (1,640 feet).
- Drones may not be used to drop articles or animals.
- Do not fly drones over or within 150 meters (492 feet) of any congested area.
- Do not fly drones over or within 150meters (492 feet) of an organized open-air assembly of more than 1,000 persons.
- Do not fly within 50 meters (164 feet) of any vessel, vehicle, or structure.
- Operators must maintain unaided visual sight with the drones.
- Airports areas must be kept clear of all drone activity.